* Help for designing MIL-STD 1553 boards.
@ 2005-09-06 19:17 p.manohar.reddy
From: p.manohar.reddy @ 2005-09-06 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all
Hope this is the correct place to post this message.

I need help from some one who did MIL-STD-1553B projects. I am new to
designing  area.
Can some one show me the path of how to design a board with ms1553B to
interface at least 10 serial port sensors?
I have studied 1553b tutorials available in net , most of which give
info on only protocol concepts but not on design aspects and design
hardware.

Thanks in advance.
Manohar

* Re: Help for designing MIL-STD 1553 boards
@ 2005-09-07  4:59 ` Joseph Vlietstra
From: Joseph Vlietstra @ 2005-09-07  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

p.manohar.reddy@gmail.com wrote:
> I need help from some one who did MIL-STD-1553B projects. I am new to
> designing  area.
> Can some one show me the path of how to design a board with ms1553B to
> interface at least 10 serial port sensors?
> I have studied 1553b tutorials available in net , most of which give
> info on only protocol concepts but not on design aspects and design
> hardware.

For 1553 design aspects you may want to read MIL-HDBK-1553 or the SAE
1553 systems engineering guide.

I wrote a device driver for the DDC ACE 1553 interface and organized
the software into a hierarchical package structure:
    Ace
    Ace.Registers
    Ace.Remote_Terminal
    Ace.Bus_Controller
I think segregating bus controller functions from remote terminal
functions is a good organizational strategy since typically you're
either one or the other.  YMMV.

Note that every 1553 chipset has its own set of quirks.
Get application notes and design data from the vendor.
Also, almost all vendors provide source code for their board drivers.

Joe Vlietstra

* Re: Help for designing MIL-STD 1553 boards
@ 2005-09-10 20:01   ` p.manohar.reddy
From: p.manohar.reddy @ 2005-09-10 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the reply

manohar