From: "rleif" <rleif@rleif.com>
Subject: SIGAda Workshop
Date: 31 Aug 2005 22:27:35 -0700
Date: 2005-08-31T22:27:35-07:00	[thread overview]

I tried to post this once; but I could not find it  on Comp.Lang.Ada

I am chairing a workshop/BOF on Commercializing Ada at SIGAda 2005 on
Wednesday November 16.  Since, I have the biased opinion that
progressive software is a better means of promoting the use of Ada than
free software (GNU), I wish to invite anyone who believes that free
software is a better approach to present his or her views.  The major
differences between free and Progressive software is that under the
latter, the developers get royalties on their work and the purchasers
are free to do what they want provided it does not impair the
developers' royalties.

I also wish to explore the possibility of a vendor or group hosting an
Ada compiler under Microsoft Visual Studio including use of Ada
enhanced versions of the elements of the Visual Studio environment
(editor, debugger, etc.).  Has anyone created a product for Windows CE
or Windows XP embedded or produced an application with A# in the Visual
Studio environment?  Presentations on experience with the combination
of XML and Ada will be most welcome.

Anyone, who has any other ideas, thoughts, etc. on how to increase the
use of Ada in commercial markets including how we can leverage the
present use of Ada for defense and aerospace, is invited to present.

All are invited to attend and participate.
Since I am flooded with spam, please put the word Ada in the Subject
Heading of any reply to this message.

Thank you.
Bob Leif
rleif@rleif.com