From: "Mark" <mhatch@ics.com>
Subject: Re: ADA GUI Builder
Date: 30 Jun 2005 12:41:16 -0700
Date: 2005-06-30T12:41:16-07:00	[thread overview]

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> In article <1119887618.705488.260650@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Mark" <mhatch@ics.com> writes:
>
> > 1. It is based on our BX PRO GUI builder for Motif.
>
> I presume that BX is related to Builder Xcessory you described at
>
> 	http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.vms/msg/efab80ac3b6900a6

That is true. We also have an OpenVMS product. Unfortunately, there has
been no demand for a OpenVMS version that supports Ada. It wouldn't be
a big deal to add that platform, it has just not been clear that
anybody would buy it.

> > All popular UNIX
> > and Linux platforms will be supported.
>
> where you said:
>
> > No, you're not blind. We screwed up our webpage in the last revision and
> > dropped the  link to OpenVMS in the product description pages. Thanks fo
> > spotting it! I'll get it corrected ASAP.
>
> So in 2002 you restored your former VMS support but did not support Ada.
> Are you saying that in 2005 you are restoring your former Ada support
> but not supporting VMS ?

Almost true. Here's the timetable:

2002 OpenVMS BX PRO 5.0 released (Replaces BX PRO V3.5.1 for OpenVMS)
At the time, BX PRO 5.0 is the current release of BX PRO.

2005 July: Ada BX PRO 6.0 released (Replaces BX PRO V3.5.1 for Ada).
Today, BX PRO V6.0 is the current release.

2005 August: OpenVMS BX PRO 6.0 will be released. (Replaces BX PRO V5.0
originally released in 2002).

<snip>

> > 4. Currently we support the latest gnat and rational compilers.
> >
> > 5. For a service fee, we can retarget other Motif bindings and rebuild
> > our bindings for other compilers.
>
> Why would your Ada bindings vary from one compiler to another ?

We deliver binaries of these bindings. Historically, these bindings
have been very tied to compiler versions. (i.e., We've built for
2.x.x.a and they break on 2.x.x.b...)

Regards,

Mark