From: rlk@telesoft.com (Bob Kitzberger @sation)
Subject: Re: MC68000 assembler to SPARC assebler cross translator??
Date: 6 Dec 90 03:07:16 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <3538@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP>, maa@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark A Allyn) writes:

> The embedded system is still a MC68000 series machine. The embedded
> MC68000 code has to stay in the software.
>
> What I am looking for (either to buy or do) is come up with some means
> to take the MC68000 assembler code that is embedded in the ada modules,
> and translate it to SPARC assembler code so that our Sun-4 based test-bed
> can still run the ada software.

Do you really have to replace the 68000 machine code with corresponding
Sun-4 source code?  If not (i.e. the Sun-4 is a test bed with simulated
I/O and sensors, etc) then the least painfull approach would be to
rewrite the 68000 assembly in Ada.  If the original code was layered
correctly (i.e. machine-independent specifications and machine-dependent
bodies) you should be able to swap out the machine code insertions (MCI)
body and replace it with a pure Ada body.

I doubt that anyone has a translator from 68000 assembly to SPARC
assembly, much less a translator from 68000 MCIs to SPARC MCIs.

	.Bob.
--
Bob Kitzberger               Internet : rlk@telesoft.com
TeleSoft                     uucp     : ...!ucsd.ucsd.edu!telesoft!rlk

				-- Robertson Davies, "The Rebel Angels"