* use ada on Eyebot
@ 2005-06-14 12:54 ich_bin_elvis
From: ich_bin_elvis @ 2005-06-14 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to use Ada on Eyebot. The eyebot uses an gcc68 compiler,
is there a possebility to link an ada kode with the C kode and use it
on the eyebot??

* Re: use ada on Eyebot
@ 2005-06-14 18:43 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2005-06-14 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

ich_bin_elvis@hotmail.com writes:

> Is it possible to use Ada on Eyebot. The eyebot uses an gcc68
> compiler, is there a possebility to link an ada kode with the C kode
> and use it on the eyebot?

The answers to both of your questions are probably yes.  You may have
to do the porting of GCC/Ada yourself though.  If you can manage
without the run-time, it is likely to be reasonably easy.

Once you have GCC/Ada working alongside your GCC/C for the Eyebot,
linking Ada and C code should be just like on any other platform.

Does the Eyebot use an operating system (which?) or do you program it
directly?  And what is the Eyebot?

Jacob
--
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
                                         -- Bertrand Russell

* Re: use ada on Eyebot
@ 2005-06-15  1:58 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2005-06-15  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

<ich_bin_elvis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use Ada on Eyebot. The eyebot uses an gcc68 compiler,
> is there a possebility to link an ada kode with the C kode and use it
> on the eyebot??

You may want to look at MaRTE OS:

http://marte.unican.es/

There is a description of a project using the EyeBot.  I know MaRTE OS is
used with Ada for the x86 port, but am not sure about the MC68332 port.  It
may be a small step.

Steve
(The Duck)