* Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13  8:32 mp2sleep
From: mp2sleep @ 2005-06-13  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have prepared a draft of proposed changes to
the Ada Tasking Model.

What is a good forum to upload to?

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13  9:57 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2005-06-13  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

mp2sleep@hotmail.com wrote on 13/06/2005 (08:35) :
> I have prepared a draft of proposed changes to
> the Ada Tasking Model.
>
> What is a good forum to upload to?

This one.

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13 10:36   ` mp2sleep
From: mp2sleep @ 2005-06-13 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not quite. I mean the Ada Standards committee or something like that.
Else will try POSIX.

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13 11:27     ` Adrien Plisson
From: Adrien Plisson @ 2005-06-13 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

mp2sleep@hotmail.com wrote:

> Not quite. I mean the Ada Standards committee or something like that.
> Else will try POSIX.

it seems a bit late for Ada 0Y, but i would be very curious of what
you want to change (as well as almost everyone on this newsgroup).
feel free to expose your ideas here, so that we can discuss them.

there are enough language lawyers here who will tell you exactly where
you can post your request, so i won't take their job since i may
misguide you...

also, POSIX has nothing to do with Ada, apart from a binding of POSIX
API to Ada. i don't remember of them being involved in the language
definition.

--
rien

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13 11:51       ` mp2sleep
From: mp2sleep @ 2005-06-13 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please, guys, this not an ego-trip or something. I dont intend to
attach
my name to the document, no copyrights no narcissism on my part.

If there is any Ada Standardization body that allows docs to be viewed
by outsiders, then its ok for me.

You can decide to rip it apart or like it. Your choice.

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13 12:00     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2005-06-13 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

mp2sleep@hotmail.com wrote:

> Not quite. I mean the Ada Standards committee or something like that.
> Else will try POSIX.

If you are addressing the language standard, use the eMail address given
in the relevant section of the standard text. This section explains
the Instructions for Comment Submission.

-- Georg

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-13 12:11       ` mp2sleep
From: mp2sleep @ 2005-06-13 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok thanks. ada-comment@ada-auth.org  is it then.

@ 2005-06-13 12:22         ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2005-06-13 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1118663494.388572.122790@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, mp2sleep@hotmail.com writes:
> Please, guys, this not an ego-trip or something. I dont intend to
> attach
> my name to the document, no copyrights no narcissism on my part.
>
> If there is any Ada Standardization body that allows docs to be viewed
> by outsiders, then its ok for me.

I believe what people are trying to hint is that the Ada Standards
people are accustomed to receiving proposals that have already had
some peer review, such as in this newsgroup.

@ 2005-06-14  2:36         ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-06-14  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

mp2sleep@hotmail.com wrote:

> Please, guys, this not an ego-trip or something. I dont intend to
> attach
> my name to the document, no copyrights no narcissism on my part.
>
> You can decide to rip it apart or like it. Your choice.

If you're proposing changes to the standard, it's probably a good idea
to discuss them here before submitting them to the ARG. That can iron
out problems with wording and the like before submission, saving their
valuable time for more important things.

--
Jeff Carter
"Blessed are they who convert their neighbors'

* Re: Draft of Changes To Ada Tasking Model
@ 2005-06-14  7:01           ` mp2sleep
From: mp2sleep @ 2005-06-14  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beggars,

The e-mail address is the one. Once it goes there, you can grab your
morsels.