From: "mark" <ati@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Need a Sanity Check
Date: 20 May 2005 13:08:15 -0700
Date: 2005-05-20T13:08:15-07:00	[thread overview]

"(but an accept statement cannot be called from within a protected
subprogram or entry)."

Is that a language restriction?  Compiling using GNAT I get -

     warning: potentially blocking operation in protected operation

when calling another tasks entry point from within a protected entry.
I'm sure its not going to block based on the task it is calling has a
single accept and is only called from this protected entry.   The task
called does nothing special besides dump a buffer to disk.  Doing it
this way just decouples the disk write from the rest of the system.

So, is GNAT not enforcing language standards or is that really not part
of the standard?