From: freedom_chatter@yahoo.com
Subject: Ada Yahoo Chat Client
Date: 30 Jan 2005 12:59:41 -0800
Date: 2005-01-30T12:59:41-08:00	[thread overview]

Dear Comp_Lang_Ada,

I am hoping to find some information on Ada and Yahoo Chat clients.

It seems to me that building a chat program in Ada may be able to solve
a recurring problem experience on Yahoo chat, namely "booting," where
various exploits are employed to "boot" people off of their chat server
connection.

Although various chat clients attempt to address the problem of
booting, all of them can be booted rather easily.  While this is
frequently just a mild inconvenience for some, with dedicated
application it can make using the service completely impossible for
others.

Ada's built-in exception-handling attributes strike me as tailor-made
to addressing this problem and I was wondering if anyone had ever
considered or pursued building a chat client for Yahoo Chat in Ada.
Thanks for your time.

Free