* Ada + Web + CGI
@ 2002-06-16 20:54 Eladio
From: Eladio @ 2002-06-16 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please excuse my english...
I wanna do my thesis using gnat (a speed control system using PID) ...
but I`m going to do a program based on cgi interface (WEB), the problem
is �How can I graphic the data ?  (ej: speed, revolusion)..  Do you know
a module or a method to do this? I wanna draw the motor speed curve...

Thanks

* Re: Ada + Web + CGI
@ 2002-06-21 12:03 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2002-06-21 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eladio wrote:

> �How can I graphic the data?

You could use PNG_IO to create PNG images with the data:

   http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~sjs/png_io/png_io.html

I presume that you already are aware of AdaCGI:

   http://www.dwheeler.com/adacgi/

If you really want to be fancy, you can create an integrated
web server for the system using AWS:

   http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws/main.html

Jacob
--
Henriks signatur er p� sommerferie her.

* Re: Ada + Web + CGI
@ 2002-06-21 12:12 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2002-06-21 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eladio <eladio@ureach.com> wrote:
: Please excuse my english...
: is ?How can I graphic the data ?  (ej: speed, revolusion)..  Do you know
: a module or a method to do this? I wanna draw the motor speed curve...

There is a PNG library, also a binding to OpenGL.
You might also use a vector graphics language like PostScript or SVG.

See http://www.adapower.com/reuse/index.html

* Re: Ada + Web + CGI
@ 2002-06-21 18:02 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2002-06-21 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eladio <eladio@ureach.com> writes:

> Please excuse my english...
> I wanna do my thesis using gnat (a speed control system using PID) ... but
> I`m going to do a program based on cgi interface (WEB), the problem is �How
> can I graphic the data ?  (ej: speed, revolusion)..  Do you know a module or
> a method to do this? I wanna draw the motor speed curve...

Instead of using CGI, have a look at the AWS project.

http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws

Pascal.

--|

* Re: Ada + Web + CGI
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-06-22 15:36 ` François Fabien
From: François Fabien @ 2002-06-22 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sur Sun, 16 Jun 2002 16:54:54 -0400, Eladio <eladio@ureach.com> a �crit:

I think another solution would be to use an Adapplet i.e. an applet written
in Ada that your browser would load to do the drawing
In that case, you would use JGNAT instead of GNAT
More on the topics on the Adalog site

If you do not really need a Web interface and choose to use the Windows
interface a sound choice is to use RR Software Claw .
I have done a small demo with it on the chaotic Lorentz attractor with
drawing at
http://membres.lycos.fr/frfabien/