From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Ada compiler not installed on this system
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:55:32 +0100
Date: 2004-03-25T07:55:32+01:00	[thread overview]

Zouplaz wrote:

> 2) Is there a simple method to add ada support to gcc 3.3.3 (I presume
> that --enable-language=ada,c++ is not enough, that would be a dream)

function Configure_And_Compile ()
    {
        local -r in_Dir=${1};
        local -r in_Config=${2};

        pushd ${in_Dir}/${in_Config};

                find    "." \
                                -name "config.cache"                    \
                                -exec "rm" "--verbose" '{}' ';' ;

                ../gcc/configure                                         \
                        --prefix=/opt/ada                                 \
                        --enable-libada                                   \
                        --enable-shared                                   \
                        --enable-threads=gnat                           \
                        --enable-languages=ada,c,f77,c++        \
                        --target=${in_Config}                           ;

                make -j8 | tee ../compile.${in_Config}.log;

                make -C gcc gnatlib_and_tools;
        popd;

        return;
        }

Does the trick for me. Never install into the directory where your
distribution have there compiler installed!

With Regards

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net