* Re: Ada for PICs
@ 2004-08-17 14:00 ` Frode Tenneboe
From: Frode Tenneboe @ 2004-08-17 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrew Carroll <andrew@carroll-tech.net> wrote:
> I would like to do a robot project (with my niece and nephew).  I
> recently bought a "Basic Stamp" from Parallax but I _think_ it can only
> be used with the Parallax PIC chips and can only be programmed using the
> parallax basic language.  I would like something more flexible.  Does
> Ada have a tool (compiler) for programming PIC microcontrollers?  If
> anyone has experience with this please provide links to the proper
> mailing list(s) and pages with more information.  In particular I would
> like to use the Ada programming language (tell me what I need to use it)
> and to build/buy a board on which many different microcontrollers can be
> programmed.

There are probably more, but one, possibly not exactly what you
are interested in, is:

http://www.faginfamily.net/barry/Papers/AdaLetters.htm

 -Frode
--
^ Frode Tenneb�               | email: Frode.Tennebo@ericsson.com ^
| Ericsson AS., N-1788 Halden | Phone: +47 67 25 09 39            |

* Ada for PICs
@ 2004-08-17 14:02 Andrew Carroll
From: Andrew Carroll @ 2004-08-17 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I would like to do a robot project (with my niece and nephew).  I
recently bought a "Basic Stamp" from Parallax but I _think_ it can only
be used with the Parallax PIC chips and can only be programmed using the
parallax basic language.  I would like something more flexible.  Does
Ada have a tool (compiler) for programming PIC microcontrollers?  If
anyone has experience with this please provide links to the proper
mailing list(s) and pages with more information.  In particular I would
like to use the Ada programming language (tell me what I need to use it)
and to build/buy a board on which many different microcontrollers can be
programmed.

Andrew Carroll
Carroll-Tech
720-273-6814
andrew@carroll-tech.net

* Re: Ada for PICs
@ 2004-08-17 20:55 ` Michael Bode
From: Michael Bode @ 2004-08-17 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Andrew Carroll" <andrew@carroll-tech.net> writes:

> mailing list(s) and pages with more information.  In particular I would
> like to use the Ada programming language (tell me what I need to use it)
> and to build/buy a board on which many different microcontrollers can be

There is a project to build gnat for AVR controllers at
http://avr-ada.sourceforge.net/