From: gargulak@mozart.convex.com (Tom Gargulak)
Subject: Storage Error
Date: 13 Nov 90 00:22:43 GMT	[thread overview]

I got the following example from the book by Barnes (pg. 183).  Barnes
claims that this program should raise the STORAGE_ERROR exception
and I agree due to 11.4.1(10) in the LRM.  A colleague believes that
Barnes is mistaken and that it would be acceptable for the program
to run forever.  He claims it depends how the stack is implemeted.

Barnes claims the following should happen:

    |		n-3	B				H
    |		n-2	B		H		B
    |		n-1	B	H	B	H	B
    V		n	*	*	*	*	*

Invocation	--------------------------------------->time

B - executing in the procedure body for invocation n-m
H - executing in the exception handler for invocation n-m
* - a call which failed due to STORAGE_ERROR

Does anyone know what should happen and why?

Thanks,
Tom

procedure P is
begin