* License for "Ada for Automation"
@ 2016-01-22 23:39 slos
From: slos @ 2016-01-22 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

When I have started the "Ada for Automation" project, I have chosen what seemed to me the good choice for a license, the GNAT Modified GPL.

Since I am not a lawyer I am just looking at what others choose and follow the one I feel closer to me.

So, GtkAda is now under GPLV3 and FSF runtime exception and Gnoga has the same headers but with an additional paragraph that says :

--  As a special exception, if other files instantiate generics from this   --
--  unit, or you link this unit with other files to produce an executable,  --
--  this  unit  does not  by itself cause  the resulting executable to be   --
--  covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not      --
--  however invalidate any other reasons why the executable file  might be  --
--  covered by the  GNU Public License.                                     --

This paragraph was in GNAT Modified GPL headers but is not there in Github GtkAda.

Is it intentionally or what ?

In addition, since I'm not good at bash, perl or python and sed cannot do the job easily as it seems, does anyone have some magic script to change the headers through all the project when I am done with the license choice ?

Thanks for your kind support.

Best Regards,
Stéphane
http://slo-ist.fr/ada4autom

* Re: License for "Ada for Automation"
@ 2016-01-24  4:08 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2016-01-24  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would think the additional language is no longer needed as the FSF runtime exception should cover the same thing as that language did in GPLv2. In Gnoga I just copied what I saw in the available Gnat files at the time that had both exception and GMGPL language.

@ 2016-01-24 21:32   ` slos
From: slos @ 2016-01-24 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le dimanche 24 janvier 2016 05:08:29 UTC+1, David Botton a écrit :
> I would think the additional language is no longer needed as the FSF runtime exception should cover the same thing as that language did in GPLv2. In Gnoga I just copied what I saw in the available Gnat files at the time that had both exception and GMGPL language.

Hi David,

Thanks for the confirmation.
Since I am in the process of changing all the headers it's better to know if I'm wrong or not.
So I will put what is in the GtkAda files now.

Best Regards,
Stéphane
http://slo-ist.fr/ada4autom