From: scott@shuksan.UUCP (Scott Moody)
Subject: Re: enumeration literal/internal codes query
Date: 13 Jan 89 17:03:01 GMT	[thread overview]

> It seems to me that retrieving the internal codes being used to store an
> object, whether specified by the programmer or assigned by the
> implementation, should be provided for directly by a language feature
> (such as an attribute).
>   - Arny Engelson

I too have run into all of the same problems that you have mentioned. The 'pos
doesn't work which leaves the Unchecked Conversion method. I would also
think that the language should provide some better (cleaner) method
of retrieving that value; especially since the language provides a
clean method of describing those values (using rep specs).