From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Combining entry_call, accept_statment and terminate_statment
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:04:21 -0600
Date: 2004-03-30T14:04:21-06:00	[thread overview]

"Lutz Donnerhacke" <lutz@iks-jena.de> wrote in message
news:slrnc6i89d.o5.lutz@taranis.iks-jena.de...
> That's exactly my current implementation. But I increased the delay and
> noticed, that the entry_barrier of the delayed entry_call is evaluated
only
> once on startup of the timed entry call. If the barrier becomes true while
> the delay is running, the delay is not aborted.
>
> A reason for this strange behavior might be a call to a protected function
> in the entry_barrier itself.

Barriers of a PO are re-evaluated whenever a protected action ends, and when
an entry is called. A barrier which can change state without a protected
action ending is incorrect and may not work properly.

If there is a protected action ending (completion of a protected entry or
procedure call - a protected function cannot change the state of a protected
object) that is changing the state of the barrier, then the delay should end
and the entry call proceed. If that doesn't happen, that's a bug in the
compiler you're using.

                        Randy.