From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: which compiler is right?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:48:30 -0600
Date: 2004-03-17T11:48:30-06:00	[thread overview]

<Lionel.DRAGHI@fr.thalesgroup.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.103.1079518605.327.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org...
> | Looks like Ada-Comment material to me.
> Should I just send an informal mail, like the one I posted on cla?
> Maybe with the underlying problem that lead to this code?

I did post this on Ada-Comment. And I got three different answers. About all
that is agreed upon is that there is a hole in the language. But whether it
ought to be illegal or not is open to question. I presume that an AI will be
opened.

So I'd strongly recommend avoiding this construct completely, because there
is no agreement on what the language ought to say or compilers ought to
do -- and it may take years to sort it out. (And we may ultimately decide
that it is illegal.)

                          Randy.