* Help: gp-relative segments together exceed 64k bytes
@ 2003-07-03 13:23 test
From: test @ 2003-07-03 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I need a suggestion about the possible way to resolve a compilation error,
due probably to a large (but necessary) number of variables defined in a
package, that makes the segments bigger than 64k.

The error message is:

gnatmake: "/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/mprog" up to date.
gcc -c -g -o
/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/tenv_data.o -gnatA -gnatem=GN
AT-TEMP-000001.TMP
/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/./tenv_data.ads
as1: Error: /tmp/ccaabqYa.s, line 6: gp-relative segments together exceed
64k bytes

gnatmake: "/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/./tenv_data.ads"
compilation error

I am looking for a gcc option setting (or every other solution) to have more
than 64K bytes on the gp-relative segments, but I didn't find a solution in
the past messages....groan.
Machine is a Compaq Alpha Tru64-Unix. with GNAT ver 3.15a

Can you help me ????

Thanks in advance,

F.C.

* Re: Help: gp-relative segments together exceed 64k bytes
@ 2003-07-16  7:01 ` ASteele
From: ASteele @ 2003-07-16  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

We have the same problem with our system here at the JIF, Manching.
Did you get a solution for your problem?

Thanks

AS