* Ada 2005 compiler and envirment for windows
@ 2005-10-12 21:26 Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-10-12 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it.
I am looking for the new version of Ada.  I can't seem to find anything.
I was wondering if someone would be kinda enough to post a link for me?
I know almost noting about Ada now but I plan on learning it soon.
Thank you for any help.
Randy

* Re: Ada 2005 compiler and envirment for windows
@ 2005-10-13  1:20 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2005-10-13  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it.
> I am looking for the new version of Ada.  I can't seem to find anything.
> I was wondering if someone would be kinda enough to post a link for me?
> I know almost noting about Ada now but I plan on learning it soon.
> Thank you for any help.
> Randy

GNAT GPL is at https://libre2.adacore.com/. Just follow the 1-2-3
registration process. Then, you should be able to download and install
it. You should be ready to write Ada program in about 35 minutes. Good
luck.

AV

* Re: Ada 2005 compiler and envirment for windows
@ 2005-10-13  3:26   ` Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-10-13  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anh Vo wrote:
> Randy wrote:
>
>>Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it.
>>I am looking for the new version of Ada.  I can't seem to find anything.
>>I was wondering if someone would be kinda enough to post a link for me?
>>I know almost noting about Ada now but I plan on learning it soon.
>>Thank you for any help.
>>Randy
>

> GNAT GPL is at https://libre2.adacore.com/. Just follow the 1-2-3
> registration process. Then, you should be able to download and install
> it. You should be ready to write Ada program in about 35 minutes. Good
> luck.
>
> AV

thank you very much!

* Re: Ada 2005 compiler and envirment for windows
@ 2005-10-13  3:40     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2005-10-13  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

You are quite welcome.

AV

* Re: Ada 2005 compiler and envirment for windows
@ 2005-10-13  5:14 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2005-10-13  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy wrote:

> I am looking for the new version of Ada.  I can't seem to find anything.

Note that the new version (Ada 0X) is not final yet, though it's pretty much
there except for the screaming. Recent versions of GNAT have some of the new
features which will definitely be there unless hell freezes over, but not all of
them, and only if you use the -gnat05 switch. We're unlikely to see a full
Ada-0X compiler until the standard is finalized.

--
Jeff Carter
"Many times we're given rhymes that are quite unsingable."

* Re: Ada 2005 compiler and envirment for windows
@ 2005-10-13 16:58 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-10-13 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it.
> I am looking for the new version of Ada.  I can't seem to find anything.
> I was wondering if someone would be kinda enough to post a link for me?
> I know almost noting about Ada now but I plan on learning it soon.
> Thank you for any help.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Installing

Martin

--