From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: renames and access
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:09:52 -0600
Date: 2004-02-11T16:09:52-06:00	[thread overview]

"Francesco Bochicchio" <bockman@virgilio.it> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.02.11.19.14.49.293492@virgilio.it...

> Is this normal ??(I work with ObjectADA, did not try yet with GNAT)

Yes. When you call "Reallocate_Memory", you're getting a new object, and
assigning an access to that into Rec_Ptr. But a renames provides a new name
for an object, in this case the original object that you renamed.

> Is there any way to have the renames to automatically points to the new
> memory?

I can't think of one. You could rename the access object, but that hardly
helps.

> If this turns impossible, what would be an equivalent solution? At the
> moment, my bet is to turn the renames into access. Any better idea?

I don't have one, but perhaps someone else will.

             Randy.