From: arny@wayback.UUCP
Subject: Re: Looking for survey results
Date: Fri, 9-Jan-87 08:58:19 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Fri Jan  9 08:58:19 1987

In article <3930002@nucsrl.UUCP>, gore@nucsrl.UUCP (Jacob Gore) writes:
> I believe that somebody conducted a survey some time ago about the use of Ada
> in college-level courses.  Were the results of it ever posted?  If so, could
> someone send me a copy?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jacob Gore
> Northwestern University, Computer Science Research Lab
> {ihnp4,chinet}!nucsrl!gore

ACM SIGAda took a survey of colleges using Ada last year.  The results
(including responses as of Aug. 1986) were published in the Nov/Dec 1986
issue of Ada Letters (pg. 133).  There were about 20 responses.

The results seemed very incomplete, with some major universities that I
thought were involved in Ada (and teaching it) not listed.  But it also
lists some otherwise unknown activities.

If anyone has additional information about activities, I would suggest
informing the SIGAda Education Committee about it.

Arny B. Engelson
{bonnie|clyde|ihnp4}!wayback!arny
AT&T Bell Laboratories, Whippany, N.J.
(201) 386-4816