From: ae@sei.cmu.edu (Arthur Evans)
Subject: Re: Programming Question
Date: 18 Jan 91 19:03:42 GMT	[thread overview]

Michael Feldman (mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu) says (in part):
> By the way - getting a _single character_ from the keyboard is not
> part of Text_IO, which usually buffers input waiting for a CR.  Ada9x
> will, I presume, try to find a fix for this.

Requirement R4.6-A(1) requires improvement in interactive I/O.  By way
of example, it lists a few possible improvements; the Ada 9X
Requirements Rationale (not yet published) will list more such
candidates for improvement.  The functionality referred to is included.

Of course, we will not know what actually will be in 9X until the
Mapping/Revision Team has done its work.

Art Evans
Software Engineering Institute
Carnegie Mellon University