From: kt4@prism.gatech.EDU (Ken Thompson)
Subject: Re: tasking in language a bad idea
Date: 4 Jun 90 21:26:23 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1930@cod.NOSC.MIL> sampson@cod.nosc.mil.UUCP (Charles H. Sampson) writes:
>In article <20104@grebyn.com> ted@grebyn.com (Ted Holden) writes:
>>
>>Check out the 750 "problems" listed on the AdaWoe bulletin board...
>>
>     I case anyone is being misled by the repeated references to Ada's
>"750 problems", these are the unfiltered "problems" submitted during
>the 9X comment period.  There is much duplication and overlapping among
>them.  For example, on
>Charlie Sampson, CSC

I am not a fanatic on either side of the Ada language issue. I like most
all of what they tried to do with it. I don't really like how some turned
out. I would say that 750 unfiltered problems/wish lists/etc is a relatively
small number. I wonder how many of these types of things
the ANSI C committee had to wade through. My impression was a whole lot.

				Ken

--
Ken Thompson  GTRI, Ga. Tech, Atlanta Ga. 30332 Internet:!kt4@prism.gatech.edu
uucp:...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!kt4