From: Frode Tenneboe <ft@alne.edh.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: downloading ada
Date: 22 Nov 2001 15:17:39 GMT
Date: 2001-11-22T15:17:39+00:00	[thread overview]

Siegfried Gonzi <siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote:

: According to the Readme I have to make the configure and after that I
: have to fire up the doinstall program.

I have not installed the binary distribution for solaris myself, but
it should be straight forward to download:

ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/3.13p/gnat-3.13p-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1-bin.tar.gz

read the README, follow the instructions, set up necessary paths
(if necessary) and away you go. If you have problems, please be specific.

If you want to compile it yourself you need the gcc 2.8.1 distribution
(located at any GNU mirror) and

ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/3.13p/gnat-3.13p-src.tgz

This is a somewhat more involving task, but according to some
necessary for Solaris 8. I myself have always run a self compiled
compiler.

: There is another distribution for the Sun available but only in the
: Readmes and not at any of the gnat-mirrors.

This I don't know. References?

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb�                    | email: ft@edh.ericsson.se      ^
| Ericsson Radar AS. N-1788 Halden |                                |