* Please help (quite urgent)- newbie
@ 2005-04-14 21:19 conchale
From: conchale @ 2005-04-14 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all, I finished my homework, it was to convert one whole code in
three pieces, with package , body and the "test" executable code.
The big whole code (the original one) works flawlesly.
My .ads and .adb are correct but the test.adb has almost exactly the
same as the original code but when compiling I have this error:
"invalid parameter list in call (use -gnatf for details)"
the line(s) refering to it has:
procedure test1 is

MM: month;
YY: year;
begin
Put("give a month in number: ");
get(MM); --this is line the error is refering to
new_line;

--and the same with Year ... get (YY);
any clear, easy and understandable help would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks ByBy. (if possible before Friday 17h00 GMT)

* Re: Please help (quite urgent)- newbie
@ 2005-04-14 21:26 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2005-04-14 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

"conchale@mac.com" <conchale@mac.com> writes:

> Hi all, I finished my homework, it was to convert one whole code in
> three pieces, with package , body and the "test" executable code.
> The big whole code (the original one) works flawlesly.
> My .ads and .adb are correct but the test.adb has almost exactly the
> same as the original code but when compiling I have this error:
> "invalid parameter list in call (use -gnatf for details)"
> the line(s) refering to it has:
> procedure test1 is
>
> MM: month;
> YY: year;
> begin
> Put("give a month in number: ");
> get(MM); --this is line the error is refering to
> new_line;

I can't tell what the error is, because you didn't post the whole
example.  There are probably many procedures called "Get", and the
compiler couldn't find the "right" one, unambiguously.  Is there a Get
that takes Month as parameter?  The advice in the error message (use
-gnatf for details) is good.  Do that.  It will print out a whole lot of
details, which might help you figure out what's wrong.  If you still
can't figure it out, try posting the whole example, and maybe somebody
will help.

- Bob

* Re: Please help (quite urgent)- newbie
@ 2005-04-15  1:06 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-04-15  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

conchale@mac.com wrote:

> "invalid parameter list in call (use -gnatf for details)"
>
> get(MM); --this is line the error is refering to
>
> --and the same with Year ... get (YY);

Probably your Get procedures were directly visible when your thing was a
monolithic program, and are now in the package, where they're not
directly visible.

Part of your assignment is figuring out how to call them.

--
Jeff Carter
"Death awaits you all, with nasty, big, pointy teeth!"