From: "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: AWS -> Ada -> MySql
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:52:33 -0500
Date: 2003-11-11T12:52:33-05:00	[thread overview]

Andy wrote:
> I am looking to create a MySql database connecting to an Ada program
> capable of administering the database, which in turn will be hosted
> using Ada Web Server.
>
> Is this even possible?
>
> The MySql database is not a problem to create, but currently i am
> struggling to figure how the Ada can control the database. Has anyone
> had any success in this field?

What do you mean by "Ada can control the database?"  If you are
talking about a client program in Ada using a MySQL database, then
you can use the APQ library (see prominent link on my home page
below). APQ makes it very simple to do SQL queries on a PostgreSQL
and/or MySQL database in natural Ada terms, without any
source code preprocessing. I would think that this would be a
trivial thing to do from the "Ada Web Server".

If instead you are speaking about _administering_ a MySQL database
from an Ada program, then you'll need to look elsewhere. APQ presently
only performs "client" related functions, not administration/server
functions.

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg