From: Leo Brewin <leo.brewin@internode.on.net>
Subject: Re: bug in gnatgpl 2015?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 02:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-08-31T02:19:48-07:00	[thread overview]

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 6:48:16 PM UTC+10, Simon Wright wrote:
> Leo Brewin writes:
>
> > I've run into what I think is a bug in gnatgpl 2015.
> > I wonder if others could confirm the bug?
> >
> > I've tried to make the code as short as possible while still
> > capturing the alleged bug.
> >
> > Using gnatgpl 2015 from Adacore, I get
> >
> >    gnatmake crash.adb
> >
> >       gcc -c crash.adb
> >
> >       raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : erroneous memory access
> >       gnatmake: "crash.adb" compilation error
> >
> > and on occassions a detailed report (too long to include here but will
> > be sent to Adacore if need be).
>
> Yes. Also, the reported point of error in the long report seems to vary
> with the optimisation level.
>
> >       head     : myArray1dIntg renames head_ptr.all;
>
> The problem seems to go away if you eliminate this declaration, and use
> head_ptr[.all] instead.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I can avoid the bug by various changes to that example but those changes don't work well with the much larger code that this example was drawn from. My work around is to use your gcc-5.1.0 (thanks for the putting this together).

I think the code in my example is legal so the compiler shouldn't crash.

Cheers,
Leo