* Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.1.0 released.
@ 2019-03-23 17:25 Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2019-03-23 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.1.0 is now available in GNU ELPA. This is a
medium feature release; partial file parsing is now supported when
using the process parser, and error correction is improved. This means
the time spent parsing is independent of the file size, so it is fast
enough even on the largest files.

The process parser requires a manual compile step, after the normal
list-packages installation:

cd ~/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-6.1.0
./build.sh

This requires AdaCore gnatcoll packages which you may not have
installed; see ada-mode.info Installation for help in installing them.

* Re: Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.1.0 released.
@ 2019-04-11  5:09 ` julian.fondren
From: julian.fondren @ 2019-04-11  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 12:25:36 PM UTC-5, Stephen Leake wrote:
> This requires AdaCore gnatcoll packages which you may not have
> installed; see ada-mode.info Installation for help in installing them.

I didn't get much help from that document.

With a lot of tries, aborts, and retries, this is what I did
on Fedora:

- install GNAT CE from AdaCore
- git clone https://github.com/AdaCore/gnatcoll-core.git
  - make setup; make; make install
- git clone https://github.com/AdaCore/gnatcoll-db.git
  - cd sql
    - make setup; make; make install
  - cd sqlite
    - make setup; make; make install
- git clone https://github.com/AdaCore/gnatcoll-bindings.git
  - cd iconv
    - ./setup.py build
    - ./setup.py install
- back to -db
  - cd xref
    - make setup; make; make install
- cd ~/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-6.1.0
  - ./build.sh

These libraries were installed to my user-local GNAT CE dirs,
by default.

The trouble is worth it--after the final attempt at build.sh,
ada-mode stopped locking up in cases like

  with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;

  procedure Hello is
  begin
     Put_Line ("Hello, world!");
  --^ with cursor here, hit tab twice
  end Hello;

* Re: Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.1.0 released.
@ 2019-04-13 11:10   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2019-04-13 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 10:09:53 PM UTC-7, julian...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 12:25:36 PM UTC-5, Stephen Leake wrote:
> > This requires AdaCore gnatcoll packages which you may not have
> > installed; see ada-mode.info Installation for help in installing them.
>
> I didn't get much help from that document.
>
> With a lot of tries, aborts, and retries, this is what I did
> on Fedora:
> <snip>

thanks for the update

* Re: Gnu Emacs Ada mode 6.1.0 released.
@ 2019-04-16 18:04 ` ric.wai88
From: ric.wai88 @ 2019-04-16 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for this! Much snappier now :)