From: JPWoodruff@gmail.com
Subject: Re: An easy way to simple scientific plots (in Ada)?
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:40:40 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2007-12-30T19:40:40-08:00	[thread overview]

On Dec 30, 2:25 pm, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 12:53 pm, JPWoodr...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > In my opinion, PLplot is exactly what you need.
>
> > Sounds like something I'd like to try.   But google doesn't tell me
> > (at least not directly) how to find it.
>
> > Reminds me of my friend who says "I'll buy you a beer" but doesn't say
> > when ;-)
>
> > --
>
> > Also thanks Jeffrey Creem for reminding me of gnuplot.   I'm getting
> > good early results with that.
>
> > John
>
> I'm not sure what to say--just type PLplot into Google and the top hit
> is "PLplot Home Page."

I guess what I say now is "duh".  But when I do "plplot Ada", google
gets pretty vague.

With your suggestion, I downloaded plplot5.8 and had a look.  There's
quite a lot of C there, and I'm pretty C-averse. (I managed to avoid
learning it for work for 30-odd years, so I'll just continue like
that.)

I want to keep a limit on how much graphics I have to think about, so
plplot is more than I'll pursue.  I'm glad you showed it to me and I
hope you'll continue to make it into a successful product.

John