From: AdaMagica <christ-usch.grein@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: Can I get Buffer Contents of unreleased memory when running gnatmem?
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 03:12:43 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-07-05T03:12:43-07:00	[thread overview]

Am Freitag, 5. Juli 2019 07:48:44 UTC+2 schrieb Petter Fryklund:
> Currently some culprits are overriding Finalize without disposing the instance it self. I thought that that would be automatic, but it's not.

Finalization and storage deallocation are two different things.

Dynamic Storage Allocation:

When the lifetime of an access type ends, all still existing objects referenced via pointers of this type are finalized in an order unspecified by the language.

The associated storage, however, is only freed if the attribute Storage_Size is defined for it.