From: Jeremiah <jeremiah.breeden@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gnoga Latest Updates
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:29:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-10-13T16:29:04-07:00	[thread overview]

On Monday, October 13, 2014 5:12:46 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> > Question: Is there currently or will there be a way to tell when the
>
> > user closes the browser window or navigates to a different URL?
>

> There are a few ways, the simplest is in the On_Connect procedure use Connection.Hold at the end, if the connection is lost the semaphore will release and you can add clean up code there before anything finalizes on its own.
>

> > > I am using Tutorial 2 as base example for this, but when a user does
>
> > > the following:
>

> Remember Tutorial 2 is using a "Singleton" model, one time run. Good for tools and single runs from the command line, etc.
>

> If you leave the page it will always close the connection on a singleton permanently. It should close the application as well. I'll double check to make sure that is the case.
>

> You should consider basing off of one of the later multi_connect tutorials if you think more than one connection will exists or running on the internet. See the snake demo for a full example.
>

> David Botton

I'll check out multi connect, though my use case would be a single connect one (making applications for a single desktop user), so I would need to make a multi connect act like a singleton (I can do this though), but that does feel weird to me.  I chose singleton because it fits what I need at a glance.

The main thing is if I close the browser window, then in my code Gnoga.Application.Singleton.Message_Loop still hangs as if it is waiting.  I assume because Gnoga.Application.Singleton.End_Application isn't called, but I have not found a way to figure out "when" to call that since I don't have a way of telling when the browser closes or navigates to a different page.  I did not check multi connect but I can play with that as well and see, though I would have assumed Connection.Hold acted the same way as Gnoga.Application.Singleton.Message_Loop in terms of how it locked/unlocked.

I definitely will look at multiconnect for some projects I have, but I still want to make sure I have some applications for my coworkers to use in our lab (configure some devices).  I just have to make sure they aren't having to do stuff at the command prompt if I can avoid it.