From: info@midoan.com
Subject: Re: Mika by Midoan : Automated Test Data Generation for Ada
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 00:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-03-26T00:08:23-07:00	[thread overview]

On Mar 24, 3:31 pm, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> On 23 Mar, 14:28, i...@midoan.com wrote:
>

> > Midoan Software Engineering Solutions Ltd. (http://www.midoan.com/)
> > announces
> > the release of Mika, the first commercial testing tool for Ada that
> > automatically generates
> > test inputs from your source code.
>
> > Mika is an entirely automatic tool that analyses your Ada code and
> > generates,
> > carefully constructed, tests that will exercise all the branches or
> > decision
> > within your code at a level suitable for integration testing. With
> > Mika, manual
> > test data generation is no longer necessary.
>
> > If you are involded in the testing of Ada code, you should check what
> > Mika can
> > do for you: it may well save you weeks of arduous, manual, test data
> > generation.
>
> > You can download and try Mika today athttp://www.midoan.com/
> > The website contains further information and actual examples of
> > Mika's
> > capabilities.
>
> > Remember, Mika does not generate 1000s of random tests: each test is
> > carefully
> > constructed to increase the testing coverage of your code.
>
> > You can also give us your feedback or requests athttp://www.midoan.com/request.html
>
> > Yours sincerely,
> > the Midoan and Mika team
>
> "Can Mika handle Ada 20005 code?" - blimey that's optimistic! Who has
> asked for that!!! :-)
>
> Cheers
> -- Martin
>
> p.s. looks good...will try when I can...

Thank you Martin,
we are working on at least being able to use an Ada 2005 compiler
rather than relying on gnat 3.4.2 at best.

Although you can use Mika with gnat 3.4.2 MinGW's version completely
separately from your existing installation and use Mika today (or at
least confirm its suitability), handling an Ada 2005 compiler would be
more flexible for our users.

Yours sincerely,
the Midoan and Mika team