* is there any mysql replacement in ada?
@ 2013-04-03 17:28 johannes falcone
From: johannes falcone @ 2013-04-03 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

wondering

* Re: is there any mysql replacement in ada?
@ 2013-04-03 18:25 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2013-04-03 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:28:46 -0700 (PDT), johannes falcone wrote:

> wondering

meaning?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: is there any mysql replacement in ada?
@ 2013-04-03 20:51 ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2013-04-03 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Johannes

Are you looking for a binding to MySql or a fork of it Like MariaDB or something else?

-Patrick

* Re: is there any mysql replacement in ada?
@ 2013-04-03 22:27   ` Tim Harig
From: Tim Harig @ 2013-04-03 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-04-03, Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> Are you looking for a binding to MySql or a fork of it Like MariaDB or something else?

I think he means a database written in Ada.

* Re: is there any mysql replacement in ada?
@ 2013-04-04  0:22     ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2013-04-04  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:27:30 PM UTC-6, Tim Harig wrote:
> On 2013-04-03, Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
>
> > Are you looking for a binding to MySql or a fork of it Like MariaDB or something else?
>
> I think he means a database written in Ada.

Well there was mneson or something that I read about somewhere a while ago:
http://www.jonahharris.com/osdb/mneson/mneson-20040601.zip

I couldn't find the home-site for it but here's a web-archive link:
http://web.archive.org/web/20051218092606/http://www.liacc.up.pt/~maa/mneson/

* Re: is there any mysql replacement in ada?
@ 2013-04-04 19:28       ` johannes falcone
From: johannes falcone @ 2013-04-04 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:22:04 PM UTC-7, Shark8 wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:27:30 PM UTC-6, Tim Harig wrote:
>
> > On 2013-04-03, Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
>

> > > Are you looking for a binding to MySql or a fork of it Like MariaDB or something else?
>

> > I think he means a database written in Ada.
>

> Well there was mneson or something that I read about somewhere a while ago:
>
> http://www.jonahharris.com/osdb/mneson/mneson-20040601.zip
>

> I couldn't find the home-site for it but here's a web-archive link:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20051218092606/http://www.liacc.up.pt/~maa/mneson/

interesting

I wonder if www.prevayler.org could be ported to ada.