From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada compiler overview?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:36:43 -0500
Date: 2001-08-17T16:36:43-05:00	[thread overview]

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote in message <3B7BB3FA.784E1910@nbi.dk>...
>Several places on my web site, I refer to:
>
>   http://www.adaic.org/docs/flyers/comp-tool.html
>
>for an overview over which Ada compilers are available and -
>at least in theory - where to download the ones that can be
>downloaded for free.
>
>But some @#$%^&* has removed that page from the Ada IC web
>site. Does anybody maintain something equivalent? Where?

As one of the @#$%^&* in charge of the redesign and freshening of
adaic.org, I will plead guilty to the charge of moving the file. We
originally had hoped to keep people's bookmarks and links intact, but
the old site had just gotten overrun by cruft. (There is over 1.1
Gigabytes of files on the original adaic.org site). We finally decided
to basically start over.

We've just started the switchover process, and I fully expect that there
will be some pain while this continues.

Most old files are available on the archive site (archive.adaic.com) in
their original positions. However, we are eliminating old files from the
archive if they are updated and placed on the new site. (Else, we'll
just increase the amount of cruft, and people will be linking to
obsolete material.)

>I couldn't find a link to "www.gnuada.org" there. :-(

Never heard of it. The only information we have about GNAT comes from
ACT. If someone would like to volunteer to update the old information on
GNAT, I'd love to hear from them.

>And no address for suggestions for the page. :-(

The mailing address is on the home page, and is webmaster@adaic.org. It
would be a good idea to make that more obvious.

                Randy Brukardt
                co-webmaster, adaic.org