* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
       [not found] <1723366e-e42a-4a23-af2b-40103d19a7dc@googlegroups.com>
@ 2017-05-02  6:01 ` rabbibotton
From: rabbibotton @ 2017-05-02  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 11:25:02 PM UTC-4, polymorph self wrote:
> how performance?
> reliability?
> updateability?

ask on the Gnoga list

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-05-02 15:50   ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-05-02 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ask on the Gnoga list

@

_________________________
Gautier's Ada programming
http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address

@ 2017-05-19  7:49 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-05-19  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

The performance of the UI depends much on the path between the server and the client...
By the way, here is a Gnoga game app being currently tested:

  http://ec2-54-90-250-127.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080

URL is temporary as you guess...

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-05-19  8:03   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
       [not found]     ` <2a01b31f-6d23-41ef-b363-8c5b058c0349@googlegroups.com>
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2017-05-19  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19/05/2017 09:49, gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com wrote:
> The performance of the UI depends much on the path between the
> server  and the client...
> By the way, here is a Gnoga game app being currently tested:
>
>    http://ec2-54-90-250-127.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080
>
> URL is temporary as you guess...

... and at the lower level:

The design of socket communication supports handling multiple
connections by a single task and a pool of worker tasks. TCP_NODELAY can
be applied if latencies are more critical than throughout.

So performance and scalability issues can be addressed.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

@ 2017-05-19 14:49       ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2017-05-19 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-05-19 16:14, polymorph self wrote:

> can ada do 100 node database global table ? for massive scalability
> and skip postgresql oracle etc.?
Yes, if the operations running on the data set are scalable. Don't trust
scalability claims.

Nothing prevents you from having whatever data structure you find
appropriate written 100% in Ada and interfaced via gnoga.

A small example Ada vs. SQLite:

http://ada-programming.blogspot.de/2014/09/ada-direct-io-b-tree-vs-sqlite.html

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-05-19 19:54   ` G.B.
       [not found]   ` <59522c4f-4dd4-4972-b5ce-8fd99e5f6eb8@googlegroups.com>
From: G.B. @ 2017-05-19 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19.05.17 09:49, gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com wrote:
> The performance of the UI depends much on the path between the server and the client...
> By the way, here is a Gnoga game app being currently tested:
>
>   http://ec2-54-90-250-127.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080
>
> URL is temporary as you guess...

That's certainly a lot more resourceful than the 100% scaleable
http://www.notmyhomepage.de/
Being able to scale _can_ be boring, as any good party will tell.

@ 2017-05-19 20:26     ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-05-19 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ok now are you making any startup to do e commerce or financial processing or anything with gnoga?

In this case, it is a all about games...

> use postgresql backend?

Sqlite so far. Gnoga provides a root database package, plus sqlite and mysql implementations. I picked sqlite because it seemed the simpler choice. At least in this case, the database server will be statically linked to the executable. This means your entire Gnoga server, including database management, is contained in 1 executable file. You deploy then the resources for the ./img, ./html, ./js, ./css directories, and it's done.
Packing all that together can be as simple as:

zipada -ed3 my_app/app_deploy.zip bin/app_main.exe bin/app.db img/* html/* js/* css/* css/images/*

G.

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found]   ` <59522c4f-4dd4-4972-b5ce-8fd99e5f6eb8@googlegroups.com>
@ 2017-05-20 12:44   ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-05-20 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> By the way, here is a Gnoga game app being currently tested:
>
>   http://ec2-54-90-250-127.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080
>
> URL is temporary as you guess...

There is now a permanent URL: http://pasta.phyrama.com/
NB: for touchscreen devices, be patient: it's not working yet...

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-05-20 13:51       ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2017-05-20 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-05-19 22:26, gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com wrote:
>> ok now are you making any startup to do e commerce or financial processing or anything with gnoga?
>
> In this case, it is a all about games...
>
>> use postgresql backend?
>
> Sqlite so far. Gnoga provides a root database package, plus sqlite
> and mysql implementations.
PostgresSQL has an ODBC driver for sure.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-05 20:25     ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-06-05 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> There is now a permanent URL: http://pasta.phyrama.com/
> NB: for touchscreen devices, be patient: it's not working yet...

Update: it's working now on touchscreens, and there are 20 levels available.
Have fun!
Gautier

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-05 21:13       ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2017-06-05 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 1:25:05 PM UTC-7, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > There is now a permanent URL: http://pasta.phyrama.com/
> > NB: for touchscreen devices, be patient: it's not working yet...
>
> Update: it's working now on touchscreens, and there are 20 levels available.
> Have fun!
> Gautier

Again, thank you very much Gautier for your work. I have enjoyed this game very much. By the way, I got passed level 16 yesterday :-)

Anh Vo

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-06 13:38       ` AdaMagica
From: AdaMagica @ 2017-06-06 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017 22:25:05 UTC+2 schrieb gautier...@hotmail.com:
> > There is now a permanent URL: http://pasta.phyrama.com/
> > NB: for touchscreen devices, be patient: it's not working yet...
>
> Update: it's working now on touchscreens, and there are 20 levels available.
> Have fun!
> Gautier

Help, I can't swap pasta! How do I swap? Mouse clicks don't.

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-06 14:26       ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2017-06-06 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 2:25:05 PM UTC-6, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > There is now a permanent URL: http://pasta.phyrama.com/
> > NB: for touchscreen devices, be patient: it's not working yet...
>
> Update: it's working now on touchscreens, and there are 20 levels available.
> Have fun!
> Gautier

There seems to be an offset/scaling error with respect to the board/display and the mouse-clicks. -- I'm running at 1366x768 if that helps.

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-06 15:25         ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-06-06 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mardi 6 juin 2017 15:38:34 UTC+2, AdaMagica a écrit :

> Help, I can't swap pasta! How do I swap? Mouse clicks don't.

It's probably an issue with browser compatibility. Which one are you using ?
The display is has also 2 special zoom factors (1/2, 3/4) in case the browser area is too small and they require some magic with mouse event offsets that are working with Chrome but perhaps not with others. I see that the initial zoom factor is not applied by Firefox...

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-06 15:56     ` Robert Eachus
From: Robert Eachus @ 2017-06-06 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 8:44:32 AM UTC-4, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > By the way, here is a Gnoga game app being currently tested:
> >
> >   http://ec2-54-90-250-127.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080
> >
> > URL is temporary as you guess...
>
> There is now a permanent URL: http://pasta.phyrama.com/
> NB: for touchscreen devices, be patient: it's not working yet...

Not working for me.  Just a blank screen (in Chrome).  I do have a 4k display if that matters.

* Re: hows gnoga? anyone got blog site etc up I can see?
@ 2017-06-06 19:34           ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-06-06 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mardi 6 juin 2017 17:25:25 UTC+2, gautier...@hotmail.com a écrit :
> Le mardi 6 juin 2017 15:38:34 UTC+2, AdaMagica a écrit :
>
> > Help, I can't swap pasta! How do I swap? Mouse clicks don't.
>
> It's probably an issue with browser compatibility. Which one are you using ?
> The display is has also 2 special zoom factors (1/2, 3/4) in case the browser area is too small and they require some magic with mouse event offsets that are working with Chrome but perhaps not with others. I see that the initial zoom factor is not applied by Firefox...

This issue should be fixed now - I am using now the "transform" CSS property which works on Firefox (Windows & Ubuntu), Opera, and Chrome, instead of "zoom" which seems to be working on Chrome only. Additionally the "magic" is no more needed.