* GCC and Ada in OS X 10.2.3 ?
@ 2003-01-07 12:08 Harry C. Marotto Jr.
From: Harry C. Marotto Jr. @ 2003-01-07 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anyone know of an Ada Compiler package for Mac OS X 10.2.3?

> Apple does not currently support the compilation of Fortran, Ada, or Java,
> although there are third parties who have made these work.

thanks,
HARry

* Re: GCC and Ada in OS X 10.2.3 ?
@ 2003-01-07 12:18 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-01-07 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry C. Marotto Jr. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of an Ada Compiler package for Mac OS X 10.2.3?

Try here

http://www.adapower.net/macos/

Don't use macs so don't know where it's at but it looks healthy!

--
for personal replies change spamoff to chris

* Re: GCC and Ada in OS X 10.2.3 ?
@ 2003-01-08 12:43   ` Harry C. Marotto Jr.
From: Harry C. Marotto Jr. @ 2003-01-08 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

chris.danx wrote:
> Harry C. Marotto Jr. wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know of an Ada Compiler package for Mac OS X 10.2.3?
>

> Try here
>
> http://www.adapower.net/macos/
>
> Don't use macs so don't know where it's at but it looks healthy!

Thanks a lot Chris!

That's just what I was hoping to find.  I downloaded it, but haven't
installed it yet.  I'll let the group know how it works out.

* Re: GCC and Ada in OS X 10.2.3 ?
@ 2003-01-10  4:14     ` jim hopper
From: jim hopper @ 2003-01-10  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am one of the folks wokring on it.  join in our mailing list and ask
questions if you have them.  the compiler is very robust, i know of two
commercial packages which have been successfully ported to os x using
the compiler (one of them our radar simulation), and there is one other
large commercial app being ported now using it.

also we have integrated Ada into Apples IDE called project builder and
their interface builder gui development.  Ada aware GDB, and much more.

jim

@ 2003-01-28 16:26       ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2003-01-28 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have just acquired an iBook and downloaded 10.2 compiler
(gnat-gcc-3.1-1163-jaguar.dmg) and Wavefront 10.2
(gnat-gcc-3.1-1173-jaguar.dmg). I had an installation error with 10.2
compiler. I managed a successful installation with Wavefront 10.2.

Why is an installation error? How do I launch Wavefront?

Please help. Thanks.

@ 2003-01-28 23:33         ` jim hopper
From: jim hopper @ 2003-01-28 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

you are only supposed to pick one version of the compiler not both ;-)
the wavefront version is actually the one you want.   if you did a
successful install of the wavefront you are there.  well there are
other things you can install like ada aware gdb (on the site),
integration to apples IDE and bindings to their gui (also on the site)

one question.  did yo uinstall Apples development tools which are on
your hard disk (they are not preinstalled).  if not install them then
install the wavefront.  follow with gdb and carbon bindings [includes
IDE integration]

if you have dev tools installed and have done compiler as you say then
just open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
(actually just open that folder from the gui and double click terminal.
this will give you access to unix command line.

once there use gnatmake etc just like any other unix machine, or if you
installed the carbon bindings, in /Developer/Applicaions  double click
on "Project Builder"  this is the IDE.  select new project (you will
notice a number of choices [several of which are ada choices].  As a
quick example select Ada Tool.  this will put a project on your system
with a small hello world sample in it.  name the project main for now.
then just use ide to build and run.  [the reason for the main name is
thats what i chose for the defaul project.  you can change it using a
script but you need to start simple.

Best place to ask these questions is the gnat mac mailing list.  you
can sign up on our website  {http://adapower.net/macos).  we have a
very helpful group and questions are answered way more promply than we
can manage here.

Welcome to Ada on the Mac.

best jim

In article <3E36AF45.5040204@nospam.adrianhoe.com>, Adrian Hoe
<mailbox@nospam.adrianhoe.com> wrote:

> I have just acquired an iBook and downloaded 10.2 compiler
> (gnat-gcc-3.1-1163-jaguar.dmg) and Wavefront 10.2
> (gnat-gcc-3.1-1173-jaguar.dmg). I had an installation error with 10.2
> compiler. I managed a successful installation with Wavefront 10.2.
>
> Why is an installation error? How do I launch Wavefront?
>
> Please help. Thanks.

* Re: GCC and Ada in OS X 10.2.3 ?
@ 2003-01-29 16:04           ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2003-01-29 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Finally, I have all of them working. That's wonderful. I like it very
much. Considering to develop Ada software on Mac OS X...

Thanks.

jim hopper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you are only supposed to pick one version of the compiler not both ;-)
> the wavefront version is actually the one you want.   if you did a
> successful install of the wavefront you are there.  well there are
> other things you can install like ada aware gdb (on the site),
> integration to apples IDE and bindings to their gui (also on the site)
>
> one question.  did yo uinstall Apples development tools which are on
> your hard disk (they are not preinstalled).  if not install them then
> install the wavefront.  follow with gdb and carbon bindings [includes
> IDE integration]
>
> if you have dev tools installed and have done compiler as you say then
> just open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
> (actually just open that folder from the gui and double click terminal.
> this will give you access to unix command line.
>
> once there use gnatmake etc just like any other unix machine, or if you
> installed the carbon bindings, in /Developer/Applicaions  double click
> on "Project Builder"  this is the IDE.  select new project (you will
> notice a number of choices [several of which are ada choices].  As a
> quick example select Ada Tool.  this will put a project on your system
> with a small hello world sample in it.  name the project main for now.
> then just use ide to build and run.  [the reason for the main name is
> thats what i chose for the defaul project.  you can change it using a
> script but you need to start simple.
>
> Best place to ask these questions is the gnat mac mailing list.  you
> can sign up on our website  {http://adapower.net/macos).  we have a
> very helpful group and questions are answered way more promply than we
> can manage here.
>
> Welcome to Ada on the Mac.
>
> best jim
>

> In article <3E36AF45.5040204@nospam.adrianhoe.com>, Adrian Hoe
> <mailbox@nospam.adrianhoe.com> wrote:
>

>>I have just acquired an iBook and downloaded 10.2 compiler
>>(gnat-gcc-3.1-1163-jaguar.dmg) and Wavefront 10.2
>>(gnat-gcc-3.1-1173-jaguar.dmg). I had an installation error with 10.2
>>compiler. I managed a successful installation with Wavefront 10.2.
>>
>>Why is an installation error? How do I launch Wavefront?
>>
>>Please help. Thanks.

* Re: GCC and Ada in OS X 10.2.3 ?
@ 2003-01-30  2:17             ` jim hopper
From: jim hopper @ 2003-01-30  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

No problem.  please join our mailing list.
jim

In article <3E37FB8B.80005@nospam.adrianhoe.com>, Adrian Hoe