From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Help linking to Octave (mathematical) functions
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 19:38:10 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-12-27T19:38:10-08:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, December 26, 2014 4:54:55 AM UTC-7, Blady wrote:

Thanks, Pascal.

> Hello Jerry,
>
> Despite the documentation said it is like "shared library or shared
> object", it is referring to Octave itself "An oct-file is a dynamical
> extension of the Octave interpreter".
> On MacOS, even with GNAT, at the end, all object files are loaded by ld
> but I haven't seen that oct files are supported by ld.

That's not good. I wonder if the internal structure of an oct file is similar to other files known by ld. I suppose this is a question for the Octave developer list.

> In the documentation it is specified at §1.1.3.5. Running: "If the
> oct-file is in the LOADPATH, it will be loaded automatically - either
> when requesting help on the function or when invoking it directly."
>
> Have you set LOADPATH to your bessel library?

Your comment seems to apply to using Octave itself to find the oct file so that Octave can load the file when it needs it. (To answer your question, No, I haven't, but I suppose the Octave installer did since Octave finds these files.) I'm trying to link the oct file to an Ada program. Is not LOADPATH an Octave-only concept?

Jerry