From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New AWS-based website
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 00:21:36 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-04-11T00:21:36-07:00	[thread overview]

On 11 Kwi, 00:42, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for that report.  I have two questions:
>
> - what interface did you use between Ada and PostgreSQL?

My own. The PostgreSQL API is very simple and easy to bind - I had a
working thick wrapper from previous experiments and it worked very
well.
The other alternative that I would take into account is SOCI-Ada, but
to be frank it would be unnecessarily big for what was needed.
I strongly oppose any idea of using ODBC-based solutions.

> - did you use the Debian packages, GNAT GPL or a supported GNAT?

All relevant components above the base system (GNAT, PostgreSQL and
AWS) are regular Debian packages.
This was actually related to the "initial bump" that I have mentioned
- the development started on a different system with most recent AWS
version, while the package available on the target machine was a bit
older and missing one or two features related to cookie setting or
such. Fortunately these are simple functions, and were easily
implemented separately.
No other issues were found and the development work was in general
problem-free.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com