From: "James E. Hopper" <hopperj@macconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Timers in application
Date: 1999/06/08
Date: 1999-06-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Its been several years, but when we needed timers with a flight sim i
was working on to synchronize the executive, we found ada constructs
either took to much over head, or did not have sufficient accuracy.  if
i had it to do right now, i would look at the ada delay until etc, but
i would start by testing it to see it met my requirements.

if you decide not to use it be sure the ada runtime is not using the
itimer you want to use for its delay statement ;-)  on sgi the itimer
accuracy is different depending if the process priority is in the real
time band or not.

like i said its been a number of years (probably 5) since i did this
and it was for vads, not gnat.  so your milage may vary!

jim