From: austin.obyrne769@btinternet.com
Subject: In the pipeline.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:35:16 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-08-25T23:35:16-07:00	[thread overview]

Thanks to every body for your help in the matter of integer overflow.  The solutions you gave me do not need to be implemented nor is there any danger of it happening uncontrollably because I have decided that my already up-running robust data validation program preempts any problem arising in any case.

It is important to me to make this clear to reader because I have two very good Ada driven ciphers coming out soon.

This is personalized cryptography on a hand-held device for the uninitiated masses of home computer users who do not need to know anything about the cryptography or the mathematics that under pins it or indeed the programming language being used to convey it as a cipher.

This comes about from the convenience to me of being able to load Ada compilers on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 tablet (Pro 3 comes out today).  The upshot is that the so-called euphemistic man/woman 'in the street' can now have theoretically unbreakable security of communications as a world first (apart from the trivial One-Time pad) that even the NSA does not have.  This stymies the NSA from shamefully purloining peoples' privacy.

It can be demonstrated before the most rigorous mathematical adjudicators that both of these ciphers are in the ultimate class of "Theoretically Unbreakable" cryptographic strength. The ciphers have an encryption/decryption rate of 30,000 characters per second on a typical home computer which is more than sufficient for most individuals.

It is a very useful thing also to be able to achieve perfect secrecy of communications and secure storage as a second attribute on a hand-held device in out-of-office scenarios.

The discussion on integer overflow was largely for my education.

* there is no problem in practice.

I repeat that Ada is the ideal language for cryptography work in my view and it is very convenient and gratifying to me after fifteen years of hard work to know that this Microsoft tablet can host such a powerful tool as an unbreakable cipher running in Ada-95 on a handheld device (Ian Flemming's 'M' could have conceived the idea even) - *it will load the older gnat 311.p that I use also.

The Apple i-pad probably does all this also I expect?.

Thanks again to every body - I am taking it that user-defined very large integers > 2^31 -1 in yesterday's discussion is only feasible in a 64-bit environment - there is no problem with that.

adacrypt