From: David Emery <demery@cox.rr.com>
Subject: Java to Ada...
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 00:55:03 GMT
Date: 2001-10-06T00:55:03+00:00	[thread overview]

...  Last I heard, the author was working on an
> option to produce Ada source files from the class files.

Karl Nyberg and I did a paper on this for Ada Europe a couple
of years ago.  There's one really significant problem with
generating Ada package specs from  class files, and that is
that the parameter names are missing.

Otherwise, most of what you'd want to know about a class can
be figured out from the class file, which is kind of neat.

By the way, the absence of named parameter notation is #2 on my
list of big mistakes in the Java language.  #1 is the lack of
separation of spec and body.

         dave