From: info@midoan.com
Subject: Re: Mika by Midoan : Automated Test Data Generation for Ada
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-04-13T23:02:21-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 4, 3:06 am, "Brian Gaffney" <brianDOTgaff...@myrealbox.com>
wrote:
> In what way does VectorCast/Ada not count as "automatically generates test
> inputs from your source code"?

Quoting from Vector software website: "The Test Case Generator is an
interactive utility that allows you to specify test cases by
responding to prompts."
To us this does not amount to automatic test data generation. Our tool
does not require manual interactions beyond specifying the subprogram
you want coverage tests for.

> > > "Can Mika handle Ada 20005 code?" - blimey that's optimistic! Who has
> > > asked for that!!! :-)
>
> Support for Ada 2005 would be a great thing.  I haven't seen any test tool
> (or any other non-compiler tool) that supports it.  Even a plan to support
> it (or parts of it) would be an improvement.

We are actively working on it and the next update as currently planned
on http://www.midoan.com/soon.html mentions :

        * Remove current dependency on MinGW GNAT distribution to
handle all major GNAT releases including GNAT 2008 GPL and GNAT PRO
6.2.1;
        * Subset to include some Ada 2005 extensions.

These are the top two requests that we got via http://www.midoan.com/request.html
since the launch.

Next release is due next month.

Regards,