* Ada 2012 talk in Cagliari tomorrow
@ 2014-10-24 15:55 Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2014-10-24 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Linux user group in Cagliari (GULCh) has invited me to give a talk
on contract-based programming at the "Linux Day" conference tomorrow
(http://linuxday.gulch.it/2014/).

I have promised to make the talk accessible to anybody with programming
experience, but the examples and practical possibilities I will discuss
are all based on Ada 2012 (with a single SPARK 2014 exception ;-).

Everybody are welcome!

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"I'm going as a barrel of toxic waste!"

* Re: Ada 2012 talk in Cagliari tomorrow
@ 2014-10-24 15:58 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2014-10-24 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Will you be posting a video?

David Botton

* Re: Ada 2012 talk in Cagliari tomorrow
@ 2014-10-26  7:42   ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2014-10-26  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Botton <david@botton.com> writes:

> Will you be posting a video?

There may be a video (eventually) since there was somebody recording the
session.

Before you get your hopes up: As there were no non-Italian speakers
present, I gave the talk in Italian.

I gave a similar presentation at FOSDEM in February:

   https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/ada_contracts/

(the sound quality isn't fantastic, but there _is_ a video)

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Hungh. You see! More bear. Yellow snow is always dead give-away."

* Re: Ada 2012 talk in Cagliari tomorrow
@ 2014-10-26 11:31     ` Martyn Pike
From: Martyn Pike @ 2014-10-26 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26/10/2014 07:42, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> David Botton <david@botton.com> writes:
>
>> Will you be posting a video?
>
> There may be a video (eventually) since there was somebody recording the
> session.
>
> Before you get your hopes up: As there were no non-Italian speakers
> present, I gave the talk in Italian.
>
> I gave a similar presentation at FOSDEM in February:
>
>     https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/ada_contracts/
>
> (the sound quality isn't fantastic, but there _is_ a video)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jacob

Hello Jacob

How many people attended this talk that you gave ?

Martyn

* Re: Ada 2012 talk in Cagliari tomorrow
@ 2014-10-26 17:21       ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2014-10-26 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martyn Pike wrote:

> How many people attended this talk that you gave?

I think it was somewhere between 30 and 40 people.  I could ask the
organisers if they counted how many were there.

I've definitely had a more crowded auditorium for an Ada talk in
Cagliari, but that was ten years ago, and a possibly more attractive
subject (GUI programming).

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Only Hogwarts students really need spellcheckers"
                                -- An anonymous RISKS reader