From: Mark T <mark_taubeNOmaSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>
Subject: Re: looking for Ada utility
Date: 2000/07/12
Date: 2000-07-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>Did you consider GRASP - not sure if it's exactly the right tool
you need.
>Anyway, URL:
>
>http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/grasp_ma
in.shtml

  I have used this tool, it is nice for lower level details but
not for programming-in-the-large

my problem is I have to find and fix a bug in a 10K sloc program
written in a Tartan C30 "Ada dialect". Of course, I was never
involved in the development of this software and any supporting
SW documents are missing or worthless, the design of the code is
very strange.

>> I was able to gnatchop the code (but unable to compile with

>Do you mean "gnathtml" rather ?

 yes, I left that detail out but without full compile you can
only hop around by program unit.

> Anyway if you can "gnatchop",
>you are very near to succeed in compiling !

  not really quite a few low-level packages are non-standard.

>For the GNATHTML prowesses, see my page there:
> http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/unzipada.htm
>(topic: browsable source). GNATHTML is fully automatic!

 I know and I wish I could get my code compiled with GNAT :(

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com