From: M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8a-REMOVETHIS@m-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Porting GNAT/GCC to FreeBSD
Date: 03 Jun 2006 20:32:00 +0200
Date: 2006-06-03T20:32:00+02:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus@futureapps.de> writes:

> Karel Miklav wrote:
> > Debian has everything neatly installed in default paths,
> > which has it's own set of problems. I'll see.
> > But I wasn't able to find the build script, only source and binary
> > packages. Where can I get it?
>
> Usually, Debian adds a diff.gz and a debian directory to the original
> GCC sources. In there, you should find changes. The build
> tools are interwoven with debian build scripts, I'm not sure
> these are easily ported to FreeBSD (Don't know
> though, I only played for one or two years with NetBSD, and that
> was long ago.)

In the case of debian the 'build scripts' do a lot of things that are
not strictly necessary, only to be sure to have a "sane" state of the
build tree when the build starts (i.e. with respect to permissions).

As far as the gnat package is concerned, I found the entries in
debian/rules quite readable :-).

Regards -- Markus