From: "David Botton" <dbotton@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada free RAD tools development
Date: 1999/01/29
Date: 1999-01-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Why, because I want an Ada solution that I can write C/C++ bindings too :)

1. GTK + Ada bindings wasn't available for Win32 when I started
2. It still isn't available for the Java Virtual Machine
3. I bet I make it to the JVM before GTK does
4. To port the classes I am working on to other systems (OS/2, Mac,
whatever) will be a sinch.
5. These classes are smaller and faster.
6. I want to be able to easily extend the classes, etc. in Ada
7. I wanted complete control over the look and feel from with in Ada, ie. I
want to paint my own controls using Ada.
8. I wanted to write my own frame work for fun!
9. I want to prove that Ada can not only do it, but better.
10. The people who wrote GTK are proud they did it in C
11. GTK doesn't support ActiveX controls on Win32

If I think about it some more, I'm sure I can come up with some other
reasons too.

In fact, I can't come up with any reasons not to write a brand new set of
classes in Ada that are cross platform and OpenSource.

It is about time Ada showed that it can play ball too.

David Botton

Juergen Pfeifer <Juergen.Pfeifer@t-online.de> wrote in article
<36B1C91F.192E0C4D@t-online.de>...