* ADA and COM+
@ 1999-01-20  0:00 Bobby Issazadhe
From: Bobby Issazadhe @ 1999-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anybody have experience of creating COM components using ADA95.
I am especially interested of the combination ADA95 and Microsoft
Transaction Server 2.0. Is this combination even possible without to much
hassle?

Grateful for any advice or pointers...

--
Bobby

* Re: ADA and COM+
@ 1999-01-24  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-01-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <uaqp2.33202$9S3.82443@nntpserver.swip.net>, "Bobby Issazadhe" <bobby@mbox306.swipnet.se> writes:

> Does anybody have experience of creating COM components using ADA95.
> I am especially interested of the combination ADA95 and Microsoft
> Transaction Server 2.0. Is this combination even possible without to much
> hassle?

I believe Aonix has acknowledged widespread user desire for this
capability, but has not yet made it possible "without too much hassle".

Someone more adventurous than I might be able to find archives
of their mailing list.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: ADA and COM+
@ 1999-01-25  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-01-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Take a look at the Ada 95 COM example:

http://www.botton.com/ada/os/com-simple.html

Code generation of packages from TypeLibs would give you the "not to much
hassle" you are looking for. It is on my list of projects, but not the top
priority.

If you know some one who would like to take a crack at it, I can give them
the low down to get started.

David Botton

Larry Kilgallen <kilgallen@eisner.decus.org> wrote in article
<1999Jan23.190707.1@eisner>...