From: "bob" <bklungle@junque.com>
Subject: Re: Green Hills Ada library question
Date: 1998/09/15
Date: 1998-09-15T09:20:52-07:00	[thread overview]

I sympathize with you. We started the same thing about 8 months ago.
The system is now mostly working (with many bugs we worked around because
Green Hills REFUSED to fix them).

The first thing we did was make a directory with symbolic links to the
sources
(over 1100 Ada packages and C files). This allowed the workers to continue
fixing
their code without moving things around. Then a test generate of some
components
(generate a builder file). Then with vi and emacs, fairly quickly hand
built a complete
filename.bld file, structured as needed. From here on, Multi did its job.
We then
migrated over time to SCCS control with a build map to a development
directory.

Believe me, most of our users are disgusted with the Green Hills/Multi
system
for Ada (they came from a VERDIX/Rational environment), but there was no
other
available with vxworks targeted to the system we needed. We are seriously
thinking
of contacting ACT and see if there is a better solution there.

If you would like more, no need to air laundry on USER group.

bob
Raytheon Systems
bklungle@ix.netcom.com

dennison@telepath.com wrote in article <6tjgph$661$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...