From: "Mark" <wilson_m_r@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ada to C++ communication under NT4.0
Date: 1998/08/10
Date: 1998-08-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I am well aware that there is nothing magic about an Ada executable!  The
main question concerns a C application and an Ada application running under
NT4.0 which require to share a large amount of data, therefore creating
significant overhead in terms of speed and memory usage if sockets or
mailboxes are used.  Shared memory would seem the best option in this case.
 If using shared memory then one of the applications would allocate the
address presumably, which the other would then overlay?  If this was the
case then would the passing of the address have to via mailboxes or sockets
since a direct call would not be possible?  Also, I am not sure how memory
would be allocated in NT4.0.  What happens when the memory is swapped to
disk?  Is all of this transparent to the application?  Someone has
suggested linking the two images together using our GNAT compiler.  Is this
possible?  I would not have thought so since presumably the Ada and C
applications would require separate run time systems to handle their
tasking.

More replies to newsgroup please.

Mark