From: "Jamie" <j.couston@virgin.net>
Subject: Display procedures and IDEs
Date: 1998/07/09
Date: 1998-07-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I use the GNAT compiler under a Win95 IDE, and have
experienced some strange problems when attempting
to use display procedures such as 'Set_Col' and
'New_Page' etc.

Instead of the relevant function being executed all
I get at the DOS prompt is a strange message such as
'Got XX' where XX is a number ranging from 4 to around
14.

What's happening here then?

I am quite literally tearing my hair out, as I'm
attempting to teach myself the language in preparation for a university
course I'm shortly to be taking.

As an aside, are there any IDE's available that run under DOS or Windows
which allow single stepping and tracing, watches etc. ??

An IDE such as this would be a great help to me as I'm from the C/C++
stable where I have taken features like this for granted.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Jamie.

j.couston@virgin.net