* Visual Basic
@ 1998-02-28  0:00 apoulus
From: apoulus @ 1998-02-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the differnce between visual basic 4.0 and visual basic 5.0 .

* Re: Visual Basic
@ 1998-03-01  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1998-03-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

apoulus@toto.csustan.edu schreef in artikel
<6d9sek$4mg$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> What is the differnce between visual basic 4.0 and visual basic 5.0 .

1.0 ?

--
-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Team Ada       | email: jdijk@acm.org

* Visual Basic
@ 2002-03-31 18:48 Lulle
From: Lulle @ 2002-03-31 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can i align text in one textbox ?

I'm trying to use tabs and have some control over the spaces ( Tab
(15) --> does not work) on the other hand vbTab is working but with no
control over the number of spaces.

for example:

picBox.print "whatever" ; Tab (15); "Whatever"    --> working

txtBox.SelText "whatever" & vbTab & "whatever"    --> working

txtBox.SelText "whatever" & Tab(15) & "whatever"  --> not working :(

Can you please help
Thanks

* Re: Visual Basic
@ 2002-03-31 22:34 ` Danny Ross Lunsford
From: Danny Ross Lunsford @ 2002-03-31 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's what to do -

"Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Microsoft Visual Basic"

Select, then click the button that says "Remove All".

Then install IBM APL2 for Windows, and come back here.

:)

-drl

"Lulle" <lulle4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can i align text in one textbox ?
>
> I'm trying to use tabs and have some control over the spaces ( Tab
> (15) --> does not work) on the other hand vbTab is working but with no
> control over the number of spaces.
>
> for example:
>
> picBox.print "whatever" ; Tab (15); "Whatever"    --> working
>
> txtBox.SelText "whatever" & vbTab & "whatever"    --> working
>
> txtBox.SelText "whatever" & Tab(15) & "whatever"  --> not working :(
>
> Can you please help
> Thanks

* Re: Visual Basic
@ 2002-04-01  2:23   ` Fred Gilham
From: Fred Gilham @ 2002-04-01  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Danny Ross Lunsford" <antimatter33@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> Here's what to do -
>
> "Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Microsoft Visual Basic"
>
> Select, then click the button that says "Remove All".
>
> Then install IBM APL2 for Windows, and come back here.
>
> :)
>
> -drl
>
> "Lulle" <lulle4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How can i align text in one textbox ?
> >
> > I'm trying to use tabs and have some control over the spaces ( Tab
> > (15) --> does not work) on the other hand vbTab is working but with no
> > control over the number of spaces.
> >
> > for example:
> >
> > picBox.print "whatever" ; Tab (15); "Whatever"    --> working
> >
> > txtBox.SelText "whatever" & vbTab & "whatever"    --> working
> >
> > txtBox.SelText "whatever" & Tab(15) & "whatever"  --> not working :(
> >
> > Can you please help
> > Thanks

Wrong, Wrong, WRONG!  You do this and you will still be running
Windows.  What's more, you won't have CLOS, and that's the point of
the whole exercise, isn't it?

What you need to do is just get one of those Linux distribution CDs,
stick it in your computer, boot it and follow the directions as if you
were installing for a new computer.  Then install CMU Lisp and you'll
be there.

--
Fred Gilham gilham@csl.sri.com || Progressive (adj): Value-free;
tolerant; non-judgemental.  E.g. traditional archery instruction

* Re: Visual Basic
@ 2002-04-01  2:30 ` Adam Tissa
From: Adam Tissa @ 2002-04-01  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

lulle4u@hotmail.com (Lulle) wrote:

>How can i align text in one textbox ?

You have posted this to comp.lang.ada,comp.lang.apl and
,comp.lang.clos.

None of these are related to Basic.

* Re: Visual Basic
@ 2002-04-02  1:33 ` James A. Crippen
From: James A. Crippen @ 2002-04-02  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

lulle4u@hotmail.com (Lulle) writes:

> How can i align text in one textbox ?
>
> I'm trying to use tabs and have some control over the spaces ( Tab
> (15) --> does not work) on the other hand vbTab is working but with no
> control over the number of spaces.
>
> for example:
>
> picBox.print "whatever" ; Tab (15); "Whatever"    --> working
>
> txtBox.SelText "whatever" & vbTab & "whatever"    --> working
>
> txtBox.SelText "whatever" & Tab(15) & "whatever"  --> not working :(
>
> Can you please help

You're obviously beyond understanding programming.  First you need to
learn how to use Usenet.  Then you need to learn what groups on Usenet
are related to the language you're interested in.  Posting anything
about such hideous scripting languages like Visual Basic to groups
dedicated to Real Languages like CLOS, APL, and Ada is just going to
get you flamed.

When you've learned how to use Usenet properly try learning a real
programming language instead of shit like VB, which will teach you all
the Wrong Things.  And don't assume that Microsoft's VC++ is for real
-- it's all make-believe.

Maybe you should try a career in flamebaiting and trolling instead?  I
hear there's lots of opportunities in comp.os.windows.advocacy and
rec.abortion...

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W

* Re: Visual Basic
@ 2002-04-02 14:26   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-04-02 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

james@unlambda.com (James A. Crippen) wrote in message news:<m3sn6ekhp9.fsf@kappa.unlambda.com>...
> When you've learned how to use Usenet properly try learning a real
> programming language instead of shit like VB, which will teach you all
> the Wrong Things.  And don't assume that Microsoft's VC++ is for real

If you can say this about VB, you clearly haven't seen this message
from Linus: http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2002-13/0132.html
(posted to the linux kernel mailing list yesterday, April 1 ;-) ).
Once this baby gets rolling, you will understand the true power of VB!

Personally, I think its a great move, security-wise. Just look how the
security of programs like Outlook and Word has been affected by meerly
supporting VB. Imagine how secure it could make a kernel!

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)